Who are we?
We are a free, faith-based, healthcare Education Ministry designed to provide self-management classes to members of our community living with chronic diseases. Our focus is to address the needs of those in our community living with, or at risk of developing diabetes; with particular emphasis on the prevention, delay or management of the many associated complications of diabetes.
The goal of this program is to empower participants to better manage their health concerns, thereby improving quality of life.
Class dates for 2017:
February 28 April 22
June 17 August 19
October 21 December 16
- What is diabetes?
- ABC of diabetes management
- Diet and Exercise
- Monitoring and Medications
- Prevention/management of acute and long-term complications
- Resources/resource materials
- Sick days/Physician visits
- SMART goals
- Spiritual Support
- Stress management
What are our expectations from you?
- Pre-register (see registration info)
- Your time and commitment to self-management
- Willingness to engage in dynamic group discussions
Classes are led by a CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator).
You may register by phone: 770 689-2474 or online (click here).
If you are unable to print the registration form from home, copies will be available in class.