Infants to 3-year-olds. This group meets during the Sunday School time and the regular Morning Service
CE Mission, goals, Objective, Curriculum
Pre K – Kindergarten:
To serve the needs of our children ages 4 to 5 years by introducing them to the
love of God, key stories of how God led people of the Bible to know and serve
him and to give them opportunities to grow in understanding ways God loves
them and ways they can love others.
1st Grade to Elementary/Door:
To serve our primary age children by providing a thoroughly biblical curriculum
which engages the hearts and minds of the children so that they may respond to
the work of the Holy Spirit who calls them to the Lord and calls them to a life of
obedience and services.
- To introduce, nurture and encourage each child to know, love, and serve God
- To nurture the faith of children within a caring community
- To teach children the story of Scripture through telling the stories of the people in Scripture
- To challenge children to live out their faith at their own level of commitment
- To equip children to share their faith and serve others in the community
- To help children to value the rich diversity of people in God’s kingdom
- To create an atmosphere in which children interact positively with classmates & teachers
- To be partners with families in the faith nature of their children
Curriculum We use the Workshop Rotation Model with Curriculum from Cornerstones for children in 1st-5th grades
The Workshop Rotation Model in a nutshell: Teach major Bible stories and concepts through kid-friendly multimedia workshops: an Art, Drama, Music, Games, Video, Puppets, Storytelling, Computers, and any other educational media you can get your hands on. Teach the same Bible story in all of the workshops for a whole month rotating the kids to a different workshop each week.
Here’s why it works:
The Workshop Rotation Model concentrates on the major stories of the Bible over and over again. It eschews the popular but educationally unsound lectionary idea of changing the story each week.
The model’s philosophy recognizes that kids not only love repetition, but they need it to develop a lasting memory and understanding of content.
The multi-intelligences approach in the model isn’t a fad or merely kid-friendly, it is calculated to take advantage of our student’s God-given thirst for multi-modal learning.
The Rotation Model is “practical, flexible, adaptable, kid-pleasing, teacher friendly, inviting, informed by different learning styles, aimed at producing Bible literacy, educationally sound and—it works!!”
“The evangelism of our kids is too important to their spiritual journey and the future viability of our congregations to not do something that lets the Holy Spirit work in their lives.”